Tuesday, August 5, 2008

ESC Thing #22, Week 9



I must have a defective gene somewhere because I just don't enjoy the idea of downloading a book. Nothing is as comforting for me as wrapping myself in a quilt and reading. It's not just about the comfort, its the smell of the book, the feel of that book in my hands as I turn the page that completes the experience for me.

That does not mean that e-books do not have a place in our libraries. Our school subscribes to some e-books and they are used by our students for research purposes mainly. I really think that some of our students would enjoy these sites as a resource for cliff-notes, or reading class sets assigned from home.

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

Have you tried listening to eBooks when you drive long distances? How about during exercise? I usually listen to music instead, but I listen to eBooks on occasion.