Sunday, June 8, 2008

ESC Thing # 2 Lifelong Learning

After viewing the 7 habits of highly successful people I began to think of the way I learn. As a former teacher and now librarian structure tends to be important to me. I consider myself a lifelong learner with a pretty good stash in my learning toolbox. My weakest habit would be having confidence in myself. Not so much as an effective learner, which I think I am, but just confidence that the task is sometimes beyond my ability. Once I get over the mental block I work extra hard to succeed.
This is what I wrote the first time around and it still holds true. Learning about new technology is always fun for me. When I participated in 23 Things the first time I was scared to read ahead, it sounded so intimidating and beyond my scope of knowledge, but I finished and loved it. Now I know that with a little bit of help nothing is beyond my ability and new technology is just another challenge to overcome.

1 comment:

RobWortmanPach said...

You should be very proud. This task is obviously not too much for you. Especially the added touches in your avatar like the cute dog. I didn't even see that option!
I look forward to reading your blog to see what you have learned and will be sharing with people like me that are new to web 2.0.