Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hello Dolly !!


Well hello Dolly. Brownsville took quite a punch but thankfully our city suffered only minor damage. Our backyard looks like, well it looks like a hurricane hit it. Broken limbs, debris everywhere and inches of rainwater everywhere. I am still grateful that it wasn't far worse than it was. We never lost our electricity but for some reason our DSL line went out and I felt so cut off from the rest of the world. My daughters were not the only ones going through withdrawal.
It's clean up time and we are all busy cleaning up after the storm. I will post pictures on my Flikr account soon. A big thanks to everyone out there praying for South Texas, it helped.

3 comments:

VWB said...

Glad to know you are safe and that your troubles were and are minimal.

danilei said...

We did ok too. Some limbs, lost power for about 24 hours. I'm in Georgetown now helping my son, Cody, move to San Antonio so he can start law school in August (I feel old). I'm having so much fun doing this 23 things class. I love you Sandra!! Dani

ESC1 said...

We fared better than our neighbors, who lost whole trees. How are the mosquitos in Brownsville? We have to make a make a mad dash to our destination when we go outside because the mosquitos are ferocious.