Thursday, May 14, 2009

Technology Conference Day Two


Day two of the Region One ESC Technology Conference and it was better than yesterday. Attended a Twitter session which was informative and fun. The presenter was witty and kept the session fresh. The Flip Video session was so much fun!! We recently purchased a Flip camera for the library and I wanted to see how to use it effectively in the library. I'm thinking of practicing what I learned by taping the seniors signing the senior bulletin board we set up for them every year and posting the video on our library blog. The kids will love it, they are such hams. The Movie maker session was so informative. For some reason I was intimidated by movie maker, I thought Photo story was easier. Now maybe I can try my hand at making book trailers using both types of media.
As much as I have loved attending this conference, I really need to get back to work. My assistants texted me all morning about situations that required my attention. That was my clue, that although I have two more days of this wonderful conference I really need to get back to work.
I am really lucky to work at Porter High School where my administration allows me to not only attend the Texas Library Conference every year, but also other conferences which allow me to grow as a professional.

No comments: