Thursday, June 18, 2009

11.5 Thing # 2

Wordle is an excellent tool and so very easy to work with. If you pay close attention to advertising, word clouds are widely used. What an excellent tool to use in all subject areas. How about a Biology class listing all of the parts of an animal or plant cell?
Wordsift is just amazing. Again, how about putting all of the parts of a cell in the space provided and watch the images and links show up. Can't wait to share this with my teachers.
Will have to explore Glogster further. I want to look closely at all of the videos and try my hand at creating. Would like to use Glogster in the library setting as a way for me to display new titles. Right now my students are reading anything supernatural and are always asking for new titles. Here is a way for me to post new titles as they arrive. Animoto and Voki are old friends. I have created quite a few videos using Animoto and have presented to classes. Students have made quite a few book trailers using this great tool. My teachers love it.

Wordle: My del.icio.us

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

I am still following your blog on Google Reader. I will join you as a lurker as soon as I get past these intensive two weeks of workshops.