Monday, June 15, 2009

11.5 Thing # 1

I had so much fun with 23 Things the first go round, I decided to participate with ESC 1 when 23 Things was offered. Now Spring Branch ISD has 11.5 Things and here we go again. This time I will skip the registration process and will participate as a lurker.
As I watched the video I was once again fascinated by the amount of information and Web 2.0 tools that are available. From Google Scholar to all of the free podcast that are easily accessible to anyone who wants the information it is truly mind boggling. As a librarian it is so easy to see my role as a facilitator to these information gatherers. We are always here to guide patrons to sites, teach how to gleam fact from opinion or propaganda and how to sort and process the information. Even now our roles as teachers and librarians are not shrinking but rather evolving as we guide our students/patrons to become efficient information users.

2 comments:

VWB said...

I hope you will reconsider the "lurking"and come join us so all the beachcombers can share in your thoughts....
you are in my reader so I keep up with you automatically!

VWB said...

P.S. we are ALL having issues with our avatars hiding from us...if you save it as a jpg and use a picture gadget instead of the html code...it will show!