Tuesday, July 21, 2009

11.5 Thing # 8

As I was reading the assignment I was brainstorming as to all of the different ways that I could use this tool. Freshmen orientation, teaching everyone how to use the DKC databases, faculty in services, etc. Then I attempted to use ScreenCastle, various attempts by the way. Not sure what I was doing wrong but my buttons would disappear and I couldn't figure out how to get them back. Tried Jing next, Sun what Sun, it never appeared on my desktop. At this point I started feeling really insignificant and went to bed. Woke up the next morning and tried GoView. What a relief, made a quick video and was able to embed. Will next try to record myself doing a quick overview of the databases and posting on my blog or wiki and let the teachers know it is there to use from their classroom before they visit the library. Great reinforcement.

No comments: