Wednesday, July 1, 2009

11.5 Thing # 4

I really don't know what it is about posting on YouTube that makes me so nervous. I Twitter, I Blog and have a Wiki. Maybe it is really putting myself out there, not just my thoughts and ideas, but an actual product created by me and graded by everyone. Insecure? You bet! Students, however, have no qualms about posting videos and pretty much everything else on the web.
Some of our English teachers that I have introduced Animoto to have had students create videos and then post them on their own Wikis that I have helped them set up. Students love seeing their finished products on the web. This has had the advantage of showing other students that if Mrs. Cavazos's class can do it, so can they.
Teachers can access some of the videos on either TeacherTube or YouTube to help them present a lesson in a different format or introduce a new concept. I have used some of the videos produced by Common Craft to introduce Wikis and Blogs to our staff. Great teaching tool.
I am really not sure I will leave my videos on YouTube for long, too amateurish.




1 comment:

VWB said...

I think for students to have a place to "publish" is a key reason to upload their things! And the ability to share info is another...
but thoughts like yours have crossed my mind too...I blog, I this, I that so why not add to the mix !