Friday, March 14, 2008

Thing # 22

You know, I just couldn't quite muster up the nerve to join MySpace. Ning, however, had me at "Hello". So many groups, so many choices. Who knew? I have learned so much while participating in 23 Things.

Explored a few of the groups, the ones that really interested me are the professional groups. Texas School Librarians and YA Lit in School Libraries are two that I will join. As I looked through High School Teacher Librarians the first post was by a librarian in the Bronx who seems to have issues with incoming freshmen students that are not motivated and have little knowledge about the library. It seems that those scavenger hunts we all use with freshmen are not quite working for him. It really doesn't matter how far away we are from each other, we all seem to have the same concerns and are dealing with similar situations.

No comments: