Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thing #23


What a difference a few weeks can make. I have learned so much and realize that there is still so much more for me to learn. This is what I love about my profession, it is constantly changing and the ride is so much fun. I have been informing my faculty about what I have been learning through my newsletters. There are plans for an inservice and I am very excited about sharing what I have learned.

Our school district filters blogs, but Edublogs is not filtered. Our library has already set up another blog, Porter Reads, and are encouraging our students to visit and leave comments. It is still in the very early stages but we are very excited about our new blog.

The format of 23Things was very non-threatening for me. If there was something I did not understand I could read other blogs or ask for help until I figured it out.

Many many thanks to the Spring Branch school district for allowing this librarian from South Texas to tag along in this fun project. Hopefully our school district or Region One ESC will offer something just as good for Valley librarians.

1 comment:

VWB said...

Congrats on a job well done! Already see some of the fruits of your labors on your new blog! Hope you can convince your district to open Blogger as well.
Hope you will keep you blog going!

We will be repeating this exact program this summer so if any colleagues want to join in the fun, it will be available again.

To help us with our assessment, please go back and answer the questions included in Thing 23...and please comment on some of the other Players' blogs!